1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please give me some advice

Discussion in 'Weight Loss with Health Conditions' started by jerrywickey, Dec 30, 2017.

1. jerrywickey

jerrywickey New Member

I tried diet. I restricted myself to 1500 calories a day. After a year, I didn't lose a pound.

I added exorcise to the dietary restriction. 30 minutes every morning for six months. Jumping jacks, climbing stairs, running for 30 minutes every morning. I didn't lost a pound. In fact I gained five after starting to exorcise.

The only thing that finally worked was ketosis. I starved my self with only 500 calories per day. After a year I lost 30 lbs.

Now I am at 175, but if I eat even a single meal at a restaurant I gain 2 - 3 lbs.

It takes me a week in ketosis to get back to 175.

Normally I eat celery, pickles, salad -no dressing, tomatoes, thin sliced beef -17 calories each.

When ever I get hungary, I fill up on these.

Please somebody tell me if those foods are contributing to my weight gain. Can I eat as much as I want of these foods? Or or these foods problem too. I am very frustrated at this point. If I eat anything else, I gain weight. It is a massive struggle for me to stay at 175

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trusylver

Trusylver Coach

firstly eating only 500 calories per day on a long term basis is killing your metabolism. keto is a lifestyle and not a quick fix diet, it is not a super low calorie diet.

to try and work out what you need to be doing more info is needed.

Age ?
    Bodyfat %
    height if bodyfat % is not known
    What are your current macros (protein, fat, carbs) in grams

What foods and drinks are you usually consuming ?

4. jerrywickey

jerrywickey New Member

I am 51
    5'10"
    I have type II diabetis which I control with insulin once a day
    I drink water only
    a typical day consists of 4 oz meat 16 oz vegetables no bread
    thats 120 grams and 480 grams

If you need to know anything else, I'd be glad to share or if I didn't understand something

5. Trusylver

Trusylver Coach

without bodyfat information I can only go of BMI which indicates you are at the top end of normal weight for your height

by macros I meant the quantity of protein, fat and carbs you are consuming not the scale weight of the food however if I assume lean beef for your meat then you are eating roughly 31 grams of protein which is to low and definitely to low for a keto diet.

your vegetables are much harder to estimate the macro breakdown, I would suggest you need to start tracking your food in one of the many online tracking apps which will give you the numbers for the food your actually eating (not just calories)

many endocrinologists suggest a keto diet for diabetes so you are on the right track there however some vegetables can still spike your blood sugar a lot. remember, to be in ketosis for most people you need to be eating under 20-50 grams of net carbs per day, so veg should be mostly high fibre.

restaurant meals often have lots of yummy carb loaded sauces as part of the meal, these carbs will not only take you out of ketosis they will make your body hold onto more fluid, so the meal you ate at a restaurant may not have made you gain fat, just water weight which will be dropped again quickly once returning to keto. A little care in choosing what to order when eating out will solve this problem.

6. Terence Perez Jr

Terence Perez Jr New Member

Try incorporating these foods to increase your metabolism such as chili peppers, whole grains, egg whites, lentils, green, grapefruit, lemons, and spinach. These foods will boost your metabolism and heat your body temperature thus helping you burn off fat more efficiently. Also, try incorporating HIIT cardio such as walk and sprint, jog and sprint, and infinite burpees. [Spam Link Removed]

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018
  7. Tscat

Tscat New Member

Could it be that you gain a lot of water weight after a restaurant meal due to your genral low sodium diet? Gaining weight when starting to exercise due muscle and blood volumen (I know, no one like hear that). Secondly, you should have a chat with your GP. Maybe he can refere you to a nutritionist who can define your macro necessities. Also, I know a friend with insulin resistance had problems losing weight due to the insulin basicly blocking the fat after dieting a lot.