1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Put that down, fatty! (again!)

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diary' started by Sunflower_, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Sunflower_

Sunflower_ Well-Known Member

Hey DA :) I'm awful with portions, especially with pastas, so I try to avoid making too much of that now! Although we had two lots of pesto pasta this week! The shame. I find it really easy to let very little during the day and I really enjoy eating in the evenings so I tend to keep most of my calories for my evening snacks and meal. I love cooking from scratch so I find the calorie logging quite easy. It's taken since Jan 1st to lose 22lbs but I think doing it that slowly has been helpful - I've not had any weeks of gains so slow, steady and consistent is working for me!

Thanks everyone for house congratulations - still very early days but we are really pleased. Gives us lots of time to save more pennies, too! Last night me and Yank worked the soup kitchen again - I was on bread buttering duty for the first 30 mins... not good on an empty tum!! We've been nominated for volunteers of the year so we might have an awards ceremony to go to soon so need to dig out a nice frock that will fit.

Was naughty yesterday and ate really well in the morning and then had an energy slump in the afternoon and instead of taking a walk or having a cup of coffee I had half an easter egg! Very naughty. Pulled it back in time for dinner though. Luckily the crisps have run out now too so will stop munching on them. Doing halloumi, couscous stuffed peppers tonight so will be a low cal day. I've also had no wine since last Saturday. Longest I've gone in about 8 years. So pleased :D

20th April

Breakfast: celery and carrot (51)
    Lunch: chickpea curry, bag of crisps (301)
    Dinner: ravioli on dry toast (490)
    Snacks: half a small easter egg, bag of crisps (557)

Total: 1399
    Steps: 13,000

Rebel lee likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cate

cate Senior

You deserve to be very proud of yourself Hana. Well done sweets xoxo

4. Elliot Phillips

Elliot Phillips New Member

Hi Guys Seen your posts above . Im really keen to know how you worked your calorie intakes out for your weight loss ? If you need any help let me know

5. Emilyrose

Emilyrose Well-Known Member

Well done on the new house and not celebrating with all the wine! You go hon. It just all seemed to click into place for you very fast, so exciting. You and your man deserve it. :) See how your good deeds are rewarded.

Rebel lee likes this.
  6. Sunflower_

Thanks everyone - I've been really naff this weekend. Didn't drink too much but made some rubbish choices with food. Got grit/glass kicked into my eye on Saturday by a car and ended up in A&E and it was just a nightmare - I'm so squeamish with eyes! They couldn't invert my eyelid (after many, many attempts) so had to give me anaesthetic and just ram cotton swabs up there to try and shift it. Was not much fun. So we got a takeaway after that. Yesterday I pulled it back but think the damage may have been done Friday and Saturday and have lost ZERO weigh this week. I think my motivation has been really lacking.. I've gone into maintenance mood instead of concentrating on losing more. Have made a very low-cal curry with pearl barley for lunches for the week (Yank has his with white rice) and have dinners planned.

We walk around the Isle of Wight on Friday so have the family descending on me late Thursday night.. we are doing 20 miles a day for 4 days. Obviously we will be eating a lot to keep energy levels up but I'm going to make sure I log everything and keep alcohol to a minimum in the evenings.

Saw the Love Witch last night and hated it.. not quite sure what it was trying to say but it failed miserably.

23rd April:

Breakfast: pear in juice (120)
    Lunch: crackers and low-fat cream cheese (357)
    Dinner: home-made baked chips, chicken burger, carrots (646)

Total: 1123
    Steps: 8000

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan: -10lbs
    February: -5lbs
    March: -5lbs

Week 13:
    179 to 178 (-1)
    Week 14: 178 (0)
    Week 15: 177 (-1)
    Week 16 - 177 (0)

Total: 22lbs down since Jan 1st 2017

7. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Well-Known Member

Wow sounds like an awful experience.
    ......... Here's to better dayz........

8. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Urgh, that sounds awful, are your eyes ok?

9. Sunflower_

Yes, all better now. Was pretty grim though! Quick update again as I have to go to work - sorry I've not been getting round diaries much the last few weeks..will try and pop in more often. I weighed on Sunday and had lost nothing and weighed yesterday morning and lost 2lbs..think it may have been because I weighed Sunday PM and Monday first thing..anyway, down to 175lb which incidentally means I'm not longer overnight and am now "average" for my height! The high end of average, but still average! Will have to post weigh in results properly on Thursday as I'm going away for the whole weekend so will see if that 2lbs stays off.

Went to see my old lady in the hosp after work as she has a nasty UTI. She was very confused and upset and had wet herself when I got there. Ended up changing her as all the nurses were so busy and she was so distressed about it all.. Kept calling me her sisters name and saying she was sorry I'd died. Poor lady :( Will go back up tomorrow after work. I didn't get home til 20:00 last night so it was dinner, a tv show and bed for me. Slept well though.

24th April
    Breakfast:
    satsumas (82)
    Lunch: southern indian cauliflower curry with pearl barley (319)
    Dinner: pesto mash with italian sausage and onion gravy, broccoli and carrots (664)
    Snacks: half a pint of beer, half a small bag of M&Ms shared with my gorgeous Yank (258)

Total: 1323
    Steps: 10,000

10. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Well-Known Member

You do love your curry dont ya. :)

11. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Congratulations on being average! I knew one take-out couldn't ruin a good week :)
    Sorry about your little old lady. It's frightening what a simple uti can do to frail people. Hope she gets better soon.

12. cate

cate Senior

Well done hon on yet another weight-loss milestone. You are doing so well!

13. Sunflower_

Thank you guys :) Yes, I do love my curry Rebel! I make a huge batch on a Sunday night for work lunches :D Off to work now.

25th April

Breakfast: 2 satsumas (82)
    Lunch: curry, pearl barley (319)
    Dinner: vegan "chicken" burger, potatoes, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots (561)
    Snacks: 250ml wine, curly wurly (440)

Total: 1402
    Steps: 8000

14. Emilyrose

I hope your eye is better! How distressing. I think a takeaway under those circumstances is perfectly acceptable. Have a nice day hon.

15. Sunflower_

Thanks Em :)

Right, weighed in early this week as have our big walk tomorrow and not back til Monday.

Jan: -10lbs
    February: -5lbs
    March: -5lbs

Week 13:
    179 to 178 (-1)
    Week 14: 178 (0)
    Week 15: 177 (-1)
    Week 16 177 (0)
    Week 17: 175 (-2)

Total: 24lbs down since Jan 1st 2017

Am really pleased - have been eating a ton of veggies with every meal and it's really paid off. Yank had seconds last night but because I'd done half my plate with carrot and broccoli I just couldn't face anything else. Now for 80 miles walking over 4 days - wish me luck and I'll see ya on Tuesday!

cate and Rebel lee like this.
  16. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Yay for veggies - and for hiking! Best of luck and all the fun :grouphug:

17. Sunflower_

Hullo all! Back from our travels last night and completely exhausted! My blisters have blisters! Back to work today after taking my dad to see the new house. Back to food logging - we are on a super tight budget this month so have done a tiny food shop and will be making it last. All helps with the weight loss! We are a ton whilst we were away, lots of carbs and chocolate to keep energy up but plenty of fruit and healthy bits too. Will see what weigh in next week brings..

Here are some photos of our 4 day hike!

18. cate

cate Senior

Hello Mrs Awesomeness! Your hike was amazing!

19. Eric Sean

Eric Sean New Member

7792 Capital Blvd., 44056 Macedonia, United States
    well done.. some tips you choose from...

These motivational quotes for weight loss are not the cure, but they can help lift your mood when you feel like stopping, quitting and giving up.

Enjoy!

1.) “If it was about knowledge we would all be skinny and rich. It’s not about what you know but what you do!”

2.) “The distance between who am I am and who I want to be is only separated by what I do!”

3.) “The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.”

4.) “To change your body you must first change your mind.”

5.) “Someone busier than you is running right now.”

6.) “Working out is never convenient. But neither is illness, diabetes and obesity!”

7.) “I don’t stop when I’m tired, I stop when I’m DONE!”

8.) “I don’t work hard because I hate my body. I workout because I love it!”

9.) “Get comfortable with being uncomfortable!”

10.) “When it burns, is when you’re just getting started. That’s when you get stronger!”

11.) “If you have 30 minutes for Facebook, you have 1 hour for the gym!”

12.) “The best way to predict your health is to create it.”

Motivational Quotes For Weight Loss 2

14.) “You can’t run from all your problems, but it will help you lose weight.”

15.) “Get started as if you are motivated. Pretend. And the motivation will come!”

16.) “Excuses don’t burn calories.”

17.) “Your body hears everything your mind says. Keep going. You can!”

18.) “Don’t stop until you’re proud.”

19.) “You don’t have to go fast, you just have to go.”

20.) “If you’re tired of starting over; stop giving up!”

21.) “On the other side of your workout is the body and health you want!”

22.) “The question isn’t can you, it’s will you!”

23.) “Workouts are like life. The harder it is, the STRONGER YOU BECOME!”

24.) “If no one thinks you can, then you have to!”

25.) “If you still look good at the end of your work out…you didn’t work hard enough!”

Butterfly88 likes this.
  20. Emilyrose

Stunning photo of you with the yellow flowers. Glad you had fun. Nice to have a little break from the diet but then being able to get back into it again today.

21. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Looks like you had a lovely time - blisters or no. The pictures are so pretty!

Being on a budget can certainly help with weight loss if it means skipping spontaneous snacks :) I'm spending time with my sister and nephews: snacks seem to come up about once an hour :eek: