1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting again with a pretty good day.

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diary' started by Jan PT, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Jan PT

Jan PT New Member

Joined this forum yesterday for some motivation from people also trying to do better in their lives. Just got back from vacation almost two weeks ago and boy did we eat good in Orlando. It had been really hard to get back to normal everyday eating with less fast food. Today was the first day I didn't even have a craving to stop at Arby's for a turkey sandwich with large curly fries and a large diet Coke - thanks to this forum and reading about other people's stuggles. Went to 9rounds - it's a circuit training type gym that has some kickboxing influence. There are 9 stations that you do something for 3 minutes then in between you do 1 minute of something like jumping jacks or plank. There are one to three trainers there at all time so it's very personal. Only $50 a month and it's almost like having a personal trainer. Just me and the owner there today. Plus you can go anytime they're open and start your workout. The gym I use to go to has a lot of different class type workouts but we had to go in the morning or at 6 pm. I usually get home from work in the early afternoon and it got to be so hard to wait around for a 6 pm class. I loved their hot yoga class but the instructor left and they started a regular yoga class then she left. They had a PiYo instructor for a few months but she was brand new and would get more out of breath than us since she was also starting her own weightloss journey. Many classes where I was the only one there so they got ride of that class. I really liked the spin class and got those fancy clip in shoes and everything. I would track my calories on the fitbit and it would be 250 to 280 for a 50 minute class. Now my fitbit says I burn that same amount in my 33 minutes 9rounds class. Forgot to stop my bit at the end of the workout and when I got home it said 353 calories in 51 minutes. Ate raisin bran for breakfast, protein bar around 9 am, 2 apples on my drive home from work, diet Coke (which I'm trying to cut back on since I'm not normally a soda drinker), non-fat cottage cheese, a creampuff with coconut pudding. A little hungry right now but not going to eat. I do remember being slightly hungry when I was loosing weight before so not concerned. Usually when I feel like this I will wake up in the morning and not be starving. In my mind that means that I really didn't need to eat anyway. I have insomnia really bad and have completely given up on working to try sleeping better. I have had issues since about 15 and I'm 39 now. Unless I'm sick the most I sleep at night is 6 hours. Sometimes I will sleep 4 hours then be awake for 1 or 2 then maybe another hour of sleep before getting up. I love Crystal Light and tend to drink it too close to bedtime. Last two days I tried to cut down on drinking maybe two hours before going to sleep and I actually slept 6 hours straight. So tired today after workout and work and was able to take a nap. So here's my plan for my diary:
    workouts
    eating
    nap/sleeping

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jan PT

Jan PT New Member

No workout today since after yesterday I'm really sore from yesterday. It's hard to get ab soreness.
    So far for food raising bran for breakfast, some snacks our student therapist brought in for her last day, 2 small apples, and 2 diet Cokes. Got some great deals at the grocery store on portabella mushrooms, squash, zucchini, red peppers, boneless skinless chicken breasts, and lettuce. Maybe make some rice with veggies or burritos with high fiber wraps later.
    Maybe 5 hours of sleep last night and tired right now. I'm adding this since when I had been working out more in the past I had so much energy even though I still was not sleeping well.
    I feel like I should start posting my weight here also: 152

4. cate

cate Senior

Hi, Jan & welcome to the forum. That sounds like an excellent food shop :) I had to look up 2 things from your post (I live in Australia)- Crystal Light & NC. Is the Crystal Light you drink caffeinated? I don't drink any caffeinated drinks past 2 pm. Insomnia sucks.
    I hope you feel comfortable here in the forum. It's a very friendly place. Cheers, Cate

5. Jan PT

Jan PT New Member

LOL - I didn't notice that a lot of people aren't in the US until after I updated my profile. NC = North Carolina, USA. Crystal Light is just a sugar free drink flavoring - no caffeine. I do drink coffee in the morning. It doesn't tend to keep me awake just keeps me from having a headache. I have been known to drink a cup of coffee then take a nap on weekends. Which part of Australia do you live? I was luck enough to go on a trip there between college graduation and my first job. My boyfriend at the time won a two week trip that included Sydney, the Outback, and Cairns. Beautiful country but I'm glad I went when I was young. That flight is horrendous.

Update from yesterday:
    had two white meat chicken high fiber wraps for dinner with hummus, sour cream, red peppers, mushrooms, lettuce, and hot sauce. Then the downfall of dessert: one cream puff with chocolate pudding and the remainder of a bag of mini powered sugar doughnuts that were strawberry flavored. I will not be buying anymore of those though.
    Slept about 7 hours and only up once. I think I might be having a touch of bronchitis and maybe a cold - sore throat and more tired than normal.
    Weighed 153 this morning. Probably didn't drink enough water/Crystal Light yesterday and feel puffy from the muscle soreness I still have. Not sure if I can go to the gym today. They show no mercy for muscle soreness.

6. cate

cate Senior

I live in Tasmania. I have had 3 trips to the US & you're right the flight is horrendous. When you live in Australia the flight to anywhere is fairly long.
    Hope you're not coming down with anything Jan. A day off gym if you're feeling poorly is probably a good idea.

7. Omega

Omega Super Moderator

Hi Jan - its great to see that you've started a diary...

We really are spread all round the world - I'm in England :)

Sorry to see your muscles are sore after your vacation gym break plus feeling under the weather... Maybe a relaxing bath will help the sore muscles...

Hope you are feeling better soon.

8. Jan PT

Jan PT New Member

Yesterdays stats:
    still pretty sore and unable to workout - I do plan to today though
    ate: eggs and potatoes for breakfast then snacking during the day on more hashbrowns, cherry tomatoes with cheese, a bag of light microwave popcorn, and some wine
    slept about 4 hours awakes for awhile then back to sleep for another hour although I did take a nap yesterday afternoon
    153 still this morning - I'm going to try to drink more Crystal Light today.

9. Jan PT

Jan PT New Member

Ate: homemade French toast, eggs and sweet potato/veggie hash, small candy bar, plenty of Crystal Light
    took a nap for about 2 hours
    Tried a PiYo workout but only made it about 25 minutes and pulled a muscle - burned 135 calories only but it's more of a strengthening workout.

10. cate

cate Senior

Try not to go too flat out at first Jan as injuries will set you back. Baby steps. Make small improvements every day & build up. Strengthening workouts are great :) Do you eat fruit? Having a piece of fresh fruit helps with sweets cravings.

11. Jan PT

Jan PT New Member

Yeah, that's why I skipped those days of working out because I knew I was too sore. Also that's why I stopped the workout because I knew it was more of an injury type feeling and not a muscle fatigue feeling. It's a little strained today but I'll see how I feel later. Luckily I'm a physical therapist so I'm very familiar with the difference between muscle soreness and pain. I do keep apples around but usually just eat those on my way home from work.

Update from yesterday:
    started good but ended bad with pizza and cake.
    slept about 4.5 hours then up with maybe getting back to sleep a couple times for about 20 minutes. I have these crazy dreams that wake me up.
    I weighed 156.5 this morning which technically puts me back into overweight for my height. My pants are just at the edge of not fitting. I do believe this will help me get the motivation I need to get back to a better plan. I did it once and I know what works for me; I just have to do it. I grew up in a very poor family and was taught to not waste food. It's been hard but I have thrown away some of my unhealthy things instead of eating them.

12. cate

cate Senior

:blush5:
    Now I feel very silly!

13. Jan PT

Jan PT New Member

Ate: Cheerios/Honey Nut Cheerios, protein bar, 2 small apples, 2 high fiber veggie burritos, about 60 calories of cheese, Crystal Light. I successfully did not eat the snacks and candy left out at work.
    No workout - hamstrings too sore. I think it's from the down dogs from PiYo yesterday. It's been awhile since I did yoga.
    I was super tired today and took about a 2 hour nap. I can't wait to get some energy back.

Don't feel silly; maybe PT means something else in Australia :).

14. Jan PT

Jan PT New Member

Went to 9rounds even though my hamstrings were still pretty sore but it turned out ok. Burned 258 calories in 33 minutes.
    Ate: Cheerios/Honeynut Cheerios, protein bar, four little candies at work, 2 small apples, 2 high fiber wraps w/ hummus, red peppers, mushrooms, chicken, lettuce, and hot sauce, one small Yukon gold potato, plenty of Crystal Light.
    no nap today, slept about 4 hours then up awhile and back to sleep four about 1.5 hours.
    weighed 154.5 this morning but woke up feeling really puffy. My rings would hardly come off which I do when I put gel in my hair.

15. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Well-Known Member

Hey it happens. We will always be around food that we feel we shouldn't eat. Just keep moving forward.

---rebel---

16. Jan PT

Jan PT New Member

Ok, I'm no longer going to report my sleeping since it's depressing to see that I can't sleep over 6 hours straight. Hopefully my energy will come back and even though I won't necessarily sleep better I will feel better. I did feel really good yesterday after my workout. I was back to a better look in my gym clothes.
    Ate: Cheerios/Honeynut Cheerios, protein bar, 2 small apples, 2 bites of cake, 2 high fiber wraps with hummus, red peppers, mushrooms, white meat chicken, lettuce, and hot sauce, a bunch of Crystal Light.
    No workout today - now my quads and hamstrings are super sore.
    152.5 this morning at least that is good. Most of that prior increase must have been from all the salt in the pizza.

17. Jan PT

Jan PT New Member

Really good day today but still really tired.
    Ate: Cheerios/Honeynut Cheerios, protein bar, 2 small apples, grape tomatoes, huge salad with mostly lettuce, mixed a little honey mustard dressing with red wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar along with about a cup of cooked zucchini and squash. Successfully did not e151at any doughnuts that someone brought in to work - yeah! That was hard because I was pretty hungry, Crystal Light. No soda for many days now.
    went to 9rounds - forgot to set my fitbit for the first 8 minutes of the workout so showed 200 calories in 25 minutes so probably at least 250 for the total workout.
    151 pounds this morning.

18. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

A PT is a Personal Trainer in Australia

19. cate

cate Senior

I hadn't twigged that the PT meant anything, except for 2 letters tacked onto a username. That's why I was embarrassed at giving any sort of "take it easy" advice to any sort of PT :D It's OK.
    Hope you're doing well Jan :)

20. Jan PT

Jan PT New Member

Down to 149.5 this morning - I'm great.

21. cate

cate Senior

Excellent!