1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stomach Indent?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by dockittycat, Aug 9, 2017.

1. dockittycat

dockittycat New Member

I am a pretty healthy weight but I carry most of my fat in my stomach. I have been on a pretty strict diet and have been working out. In the last few days I have started to incorporate more abs exercises (lunges/crunches).

I was pretty sore this morning, including my lower stomach. I noticed there's a pretty prominent indent below my belly button that almost makes both sides of fat around it look separate like a belly butt.

I have tried to Google this issue (specifically related to weight loss and exercise) but come up with a lot of forums talking about a similar issue with pregnancy and muscles separating. I am not pregnant nor have I ever been.

So, I am wondering:

a) what on earth is this?

b) does this soreness indicate that I somehow strained myself and separated the muscles? I read about people having this issue but it seemed either pregnancy related or something they have had all their lives.. not something that just suddenly appears.

c) could this be related to ab/muscle formation? For those of you who have that definition-- did it start to come with the losing of weight in small chunks like that?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

Lots of ab exercises are not going to make you loose stomach fat, you cannot spot reduce. usually when your abs first begin to show you will see a slight outline around the outside of the ab region not individual portions of the abs.

soreness after doing exercise your not used to doing is usually DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) which is normal and goes away after a couple of days however if you are concerned you should go and see your Doctor with your concerns.

4. dockittycat

dockittycat New Member

That makes sense. I would obviously like to lose fat there but understand I cant spot focus and that it will go from where it wants to first. I was more concerned with why I have that dimple suddenly. I have had DOMS before from similar activities and from back when I used to run more and push myself more. The dimple part just seems really weird. :\