1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, here goes nothing...

Discussion in 'Newcomers' started by staubgame, Sep 10, 2017.

1. staubgame

staubgame New Member

So, an introduction is in order.

Well, I'm a 29 year old college student from germany. I came here since I was unable to find a german forum that was actually well frequented so I'll give it a go here.

Right now I bring 175kg ( 385lbs ) on my scale. That is not my heaviest, that was at almost 200kg ( 440lbs ).
    I did get a gastic sleeve in late 2013 and back then it droped to 140kg ( 308lbs ).
    Frankly, I feel terrible.
    Duh.

Around here I am pretty alone at the moment. My mom is the only family in my life and she is sick and of the few friends I have, the most supportive is currently in australia for studying. He also took me to a gym but after he left that became quite uninteressting and boring. Also a bit too far away for going alone, it's almost a 30 minute drive by car.
    Another reason was money, that gym was rather expensive.

Well, recently I'm kinda "fed up" with all and everything, so I started to take it a bit more serious again.
    Started counting calories, making a food diary, even took the old crosstrainer out of the basement.
    I manage barely more than 10 minutes of what I'd call medium challenge but it's a start.

What keeps me from succeeding, is going this way alone.
    But I want to succeed. So maybe here I won't be so alone.

So, what else is there to say...
    Uhm.
    Hi!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum :)

4. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

Welcome and you're not alone. I am also doing this diet alone, none wanted to go to the Gym with me so what I did? I worked out at home. You can always find a substitute. Hopefully we both would be strong enough to go on our own! Keep reading the progress of others and get yourself motivated.
    I am new here but honestly, I was feeling extremely down few days ago and this place is encouraging me a bit more! So you can do it! Don't give up now. Too soon.