1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yoga?

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Through Exercise' started by everlyn ross, May 18, 2017.

1. everlyn ross

everlyn ross New Member

Has anybody tried performing yoga on sns? I am thinking about doing some yoga several times a week as I want to Improve versatility and break into a little bit of a sweat. My workout now is actually just my stroll to and from work (20 minutes each way) and constantly needing to walk up a flight of steps at work so maybe not too much going on. I do not feel like I I ought to join a health club just yet as I understand exercise shouldn't be overly extreme on sns.
    Anybody gotten on well with yoga?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

Cardiovascular diseases, such as hypertension and heart failure, are often associated with sympathetic nervous system (SNS) overactivity. Conversely, exercise has been shown to reduce hypertension and decrease elevated SNS activity. In addition, there is evidence that exercise may reduce resting blood pressure and sympathetic outflow in normal individuals.

As for Yoga and its benefits, it depends on the type of Yoga chosen and what your looking to gain out of it. Basic Yoga is good for relaxation, flexibility and mild strength gains but not so good for cardiovascular health or developing higher levels of strength.

everlyn ross likes this.
  4. everlyn ross

everlyn ross New Member

Thanks, I'm trying yoga every afternoon, hopefully it will bring positive results

5. mantishugo

mantishugo New Member

I have been doing Yoga for 15 minutes on a daily basis in the morning for about 1 month. I lost 2 kg in 10 days but now I'm not losing anymore. It is fixed at 74kg. I guess I have to increase the duration of Yoga. It is surely effective. The thing is a person must do it properly.

6. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

Just because 2 kg was lost does not mean it was lost due to yoga, there are many factors to loosing fat, most importantly diet. Remember correlation does not equal causation.